Need something to do with the kiddos at home? Need something for a family White Elephant Gift exchange?
Here’s how I made a snowman from things around the house.
- Hot Glue Gun
- Construction Paper
- Artificial Flowers
- Suckers or Buttons
- Sticks From the Yard
- Three Rolls of Toilet Paper (Each with descending amounts of paper left on the roll.)
- Glittery Ribbon
- Dremel (optional)
Create the Pieces:
- Use construction paper to create a hat. Cut out a rim from the construction paper. (I used black paper.) Use a sheet to create an arch an glue into the rim. Take an artificial flower and glue onto the corner of the hat.
- Use another color paper (I used red.) and cut a band the goes around the rim of the hat and glue into place. If you need more than one strip, be sure the seam is at the back of the hat.
- Cut out a nose by cutting a wide triangle and fold in half to make it stand up as 3d. Then cut out eyes and a mouth. Use any color paper you wish.
- Use the Dremel tool to drill a hole in two opposite sides of the middle sized roll of toilet paper. Put hot glue just inside each hole and insert a stick into each hole
- Use the Dremel tool to drill holes in the front. Put hot glue just inside each hole and insert a Dum Dum sucker. You’ll need to cut off the sucker sticks. However, the suckers will eventually go bad, so you could glue on buttons instead of making holes and inserting suckers.
Assemble the Snowman:
- Set the biggest roll of toilet paper on the table. Use the hot glue around the top of the biggest roll. Set the medium sized roll with the sticks on top of the biggest roll. Use the hot glue around the top of the medium sized roll. Set the smallest sized roll of toilet paper on the top of the medium roll. Let it set for a few minutes.
- Glue the face pieces onto the front of the small roll of paper. Be sure it is on the same side as the buttons on the medium sized roll.
- Glue an Artificial Flower onto the “Lapel” just to the right of the top of the buttons.
- Tie a ribbon around the base of the smallest roll of toilet paper.
- Glue the hat onto the top of the snowman.
See above for the picture of the one I made. You can get creative with it, and dress him up however you wish.